Would you or friend/loved one like assistance
in any of the following areas?
- Preparing for and attending health-related appointments?
- A note-taker to write down what the health professional says during the appointment?
- Transportation to and from the appointment
- From your front door to the chair in the appointment room!
- General support and companionship throughout the entire appointment process?
If you answered yes to any of these, don’t worry:
Help is on the way!
Health Support Volunteers
A New CVL Program
What is a Health Support Volunteer (HSV)?
- An extra set of ears during a health-related appointment
- A note-taker: someone to document the communication between doctor and patient.
- Someone to help you prepare for and attend medical appointments.
HSVs can be by your side during the entire process, from preparing to prescription pickup!
- General support and companionship for the patient - empowering them to be an active participant in their health care.
- Someone to remind you to ask a specific question before the doctor leaves or to clarify confusing terms.
- NOT a medical health professional or medical advocate!
If you would like to be involved in the HSV program development and implementation OR become a future HSV, please contact CVL's AmeriCorps VISTA HSV Program Coordinator (information below).